TELE-REHABILITATION IS AVAILABLE AT KITSILANO PHYSIOTHERAPY CLINIC!
The solution to providing continuity of care during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are pleased to offer tele-rehabilitation to ensure treatment can continue for all our existing and new patients despite the temporary suspension of in-clinic treatment.
What is tele-rehabilitation?
Tele-rehabilitation is the delivery of rehabilitation through a telecommunication device; most often a webcam, video conference or phone line. All you need is a smartphone, tablet or computer for a virtual physiotherapy session. At Kitsilano Physiotherapy Clinic your tele-rehabilitation session includes individualized program and tracker. This exercise/education tracking program is custom-designed by your physiotherapist and individualized for you.
How can tele-rehabilitation work for physiotherapists who often work with their hands?
The hands-on aspect of physiotherapy is one of many ways we provide treatment. However, the goal is to become physically independent and no longer rely on coming to the clinic for treatment. The achievement of true independence is when you are pain-free in your day to day life. For example, sitting at a desk, lying in bed, sitting in the car, washing the dishes, or even relaxing on the couch. Now we can directly see these positions at your desk, home, bed or couch and make the changes needed for pain free living. Think of it as a personalized home visit with your physiotherapist.
What are the uses of tele-rehabilitation?
- Range of motion and strength exercises
- Functional exercises for sport and activity
- Postural correction and education
- At home or office ergonomics
- Pain management
- Acute injury management to avoid hospitals and urgent care units
- Prevent flare-ups of existing injuries
- Post-surgical progression
- Return to sport
- Current evidenced based educational advise for physical injuries
What does tele-rehabilitation treatment look like?
- Self mobilization techniques for joint stiffness
- Active release techniques for tight/short muscles
- ROM and strength exercises
- Postural Exercises
- Education for ergonomics, sleep positions, driving positions
- Pain management advise
Who is covered for tele-rehabilitation physiotherapy sessions?
Many 3rd party insurance companies cover tele-rehabilitation sessions. Some allow for direct billing from a physiotherapy clinic and others require you to submit the invoice online.
Currently the companies that allow for direct billing are:
- Pacific Blue Cross
- Great West Life (Canada Life)
- Plus more call your insurance provider to find out if they aren’t currently on the list
If you have any further questions or interest, we will be happy to provide all the information you need.